Bed fine, breakfast fine, staff friendly, shower hot.
Nothing else was any good. We will never go there again..
1. We were booked into a room by reception. When we got there 5 mins later. Someone else's cases and stuff was in the room, the bed unmade etc. So we had to rearrange with reception. Hassle.
2. TV didn't work well. Problems - only 5 TV's anywhere in the whole hotel could have TV2 for the rugby? Picture shuddered. eg whenever we turned a light on in the bathroom etc. sometimes just blacked out for 5 or ten minutes. Maint man arrived. He said loose electrical cables and TV ariel cable running next to electric cables were the problem. Scary. Apparently no other TV's in the hotel available or working. We missed most of the second half of the rugby. We would not have booked if we knew there was such bad service and quality.
3. WC toilet paper sheets in nice dispenser. At 4am, they stopped dispensing. After several minutes dismantling the dispenser, I saw it had been loaded inconsistently, and I tidied it up and continued.
4. When we booked, the telephone staff were awful. Got restaurant details very wrong for us and attitude very poor.
5. Explained all this to staff as it went along, got no apologies or offers of eg free breakfast, or a discount if we ever booked again - NOTHING. They just wanted a list of problems to give to the repairman and cleaners.